- Getting Started with an Advance Care Plan
- What am I getting with MyDirectives advance care planning for AARP Medicare Supplement members insured by UnitedHealthcare?
- How My Advance Care Plan Works
- Security, Accessibility, and Legality
- Choosing a Healthcare Advocate
What am I getting with MyDirectives advance care planning for AARP Medicare Supplement members insured by UnitedHealthcare?
You are getting a valid expression of your future healthcare wishes in the event you cannot speak for yourself. You also have the opportunity to name your healthcare advocate(s) – generally, someone designated to speak on your behalf if a situation where you cannot speak for yourself should arise.
Please note, the information provided in this tool is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional health care or serve as legal advice. The tool does not provide a legal advance directive, advance medical directive, power of attorney, or similar document. Each jurisdiction’s laws may have specific requirements for these types of documents.